Twoboo, a provocative podcast more than 20 years in the making.
In the late 1990s Melanie Skinner and Sean Costello recorded interviews with experts in many taboo topics for our University of Canberra radio show. Now we’re revisting those topics with the same experts to see what’s changed. From sexual assault, to death, to pornography, we’ll tackle issues that were off limits 20 years ago to see what still remains taboo all these years later.
- Twoboo Episode 7Season Finale In our last episode, for this season 1, and perhaps forever, Mel and Sean revisit the University of Canberra campus to see what has changed since they first recorded some of the interviews we revisited this season. Find out more about Twoboo Contact us https://www.capitalyarns.com.au/twoboo Twitter – @twoboopodcast Facebook – Twoboo podcast Email
- Twoboo Episode 6Reflections on sexuality In episode six, we speak again to Matt Schmidt, who while working at AIDS Action Council in 1999, spoke to us about his experiences of being gay in Canberra. We’ve already spoken to Matt this season about his reflections on what has changed over the past twenty years in sexual health, but
- Twoboo Episode 5Voluntary Assisted Dying In episode five, we speak to Madeleine Archer from the Australian Centre for Health Law Research at the Queensland University of Technology. Maddy’s research project is ‘Enhancing End-of-Life Decision-Making: Optimal Regulation of Voluntary Assisted Dying’. When Sean and Mel spoke about death and dying in 1999, the Commonwealth parliament had recently prevented
- Twoboo Episode 4HIV/AIDS & Sexual Health In episode four, we speak with Matt Schmidt, who was a sexual health educator with the AIDS Action Council in 1999. Matt spoke to us about HIV/AIDS and gave great advice on how to prevent contracting sexually transmitted infections (STIs). More than 20 years on, Matt reflects on the stigma of
- Twoboo Episode 3Pornography In episode three, we speak with adult industry lobbyist and co-founder of the Sex Party, Robbie Swan. When Robbie spoke to us in 1999, his Eros Foundation was arguing against censorship of explicit materials, and for a new classification of Non-Violent Erotica (NVE) for videos and the emerging DVD format. The internet was in
- Twoboo Episode 2Death rituals and burial In episode two, we revisit the theme of our very first show in 1999 – death rituals and burials – with Rebecca Lyons. Bec is a Churchill fellow, End of life Doula, good-death advocate and educator. Bec is passionate about breaking down any taboo concerning death, and shares with us her
- Twoboo Episode 1
Twitter – @twoboopodcast
Facebook – Twoboo podcast
Email – email@example.com
Written and produced by Sean Costello and Melanie Skinner on the lands of the Ngunnawal and Ngambri peoples.
Copyright: Sean Costello and Melanie Skinner (not including the music and sampled audio).
Thanks to the audio sampled from somewhere in the late 1990s.